2017 SUMMER Camps
Music City Fencing Club offers a variety of fencing camps for kids ages 6 to 17 years old. We have camps for kids interested in learning to fence for the first time, as well as experienced fencers looking to hone their skills, and train for regional and national competitions. Several of our campers from last Summer went on to compete in the US National Championships, Jr. Olympics and even become nationally rated fencers. We guarantee every athlete will walk away from camp with a greater understanding of our sport, and will have learned life changing lessons. Each camper will also receive a complimentary MCFC Summer Fencing Camp Performance T-shirt.
2017 Summer Camps:
- Beginner Camp, June 5-9: New to fencing? This camp is perfect for first time fencers or those with very limited fencing experience. 9am-12pm daily (6-9 years old), 12:30pm-3:30pm daily (10+ years old).
- Intermediate Camp, June 12-16: This camp is for fencers who want to take the next step in their training or continue after the Beginner Camp. Open to fencers with at least 1 month of experience or those who have completed the Beginner Camp (ages 11+). 9am-3pm daily.
- Pre-Nationals Training Camp, June 19-23: This intense camp is for advanced fencers as well as those preparing to compete at the US National Fencing Championships. 9am-4pm daily.
- Intermediate-Advanced Camp, July 24-28: For all experienced fencers and those who have completed our Intermediate Camp (ages 12+) who want to further enhance their skill set. We will discuss individual competition goals and help prepare each fencer for the coming season. 9am-3pm daily.
What is Fencing?
Modern fencing is an Olympic sport with roots in European sword-fighting of centuries past. Today, fencing is a competitive sport of finesse, skill, strategy and endurance. Fencing offers children and teens a positive physical activity, and is often called “physical chess” for its strategic and mental challenges; it's also a ton of fun!
Summer Fencing Camps at Music City Fencing Club
Our summer fencing camps introduce young people to the many benefits of this Olympic sport. Beyond the fitness benefits, fencing promotes intellectual development, decision making skills, self discipline, and confidence; all taught in a safe, supportive environment.
There is always something new to learn at fencing camp, since each session has a different mix of students and abilities. Students are welcome and encouraged to sign-up for multiple weeks of camp.
Fencing Camp Activities:
- fencing technique & tactics
- group lessons
- fencing videos
- open bouting/competition
- training with nationally ranked fencers
- new friendships
The coaches at Music City Fencing Club have successfully trained dozens of youth fencers who have gone on to fence at prestigious institutions such as Cornell, UPenn, Brown, Northwestern, Stanford, and Brandeis to name a few. MCFC has produced fencers who compete at the local, regional and national levels. All camp coaches, including guest coaches, are approved by the United States Fencing Association, and have completed an approved background check and SafeSport Course by the US Olympic Committee.
All fencing camps take place at Music City Fencing Club, a dedicated fencing facility located minutes from Downtown Nashville and the Nashville International Airport. The club offers instruction through classes, camps, workshops, and individual lessons. Fencers of all ages are welcome, and members range from recreational fencers to fencers who compete in local, regional, and national tournaments. Music City Fencing Club promotes excellence, sportsmanship, and safety in a friendly environment.
Registration Schedule & Pricing
- Early Bird Registration (February 1 - March 5): $195
- Regular Registration (March 6 - May 14): $245
- Late Registration (After May 14): $295
- Early Bird Registration (February 1 - March 12): $245
- Regular Registration (March 13 - May 21): $295
- Late Registration (After May 21): $345
Pre-Nationals Training Camp
- Early Bird Registration (February 1 - April 9): $295
- Regular Registration (April 10 - May 28): $345
- Late Registration (After May 28): $395
- Early Bird Registration (February 1 - May 14): $245
- Regular Registration (May 15 - July 2): $295
- Late Registration (After July 2): $345
* $100 non-refundable deposit required to register for camp (balance must be paid by first day of camp).
All campers are REQUIRED to have a completed and signed waiver of liability as well as a USA Fencing Trial Membership (unless they have an active USA Fencing Membership). Links to both forms are located below. Please print, complete and sign them, and bring them with your camper on their first day of camp. Campers will not be permitted to attend without the completed forms.
- Family Discount
- 15% OFF subsequent family members.
- Repeat Camper Discounts
- 20% OFF second week of camp.
- 40% OFF third week of camp.
- Club Member Discount
- 10% OFF
Discounts cannot be combined with each other or any other offers.